Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Oklahoma State Game Recap

First, a message from Colt McCoy, quarterback for the University of Texas Longhorns:

"You. Yeah, you over there. That's right, I'm pointing at you. Thought you would just turn off the game after three quarters and go buy shoes? Football's a four-quarter game, son. It ain't over till we've come back from 21 points down in the fourth. You think I gave up that one time I was trying to save the guy from drowning? My arms ached. I was getting a cramp from the milk but I did what I had to do. You think I gave up when my girlfriend went to Tech? Even after I gave her a promise ring? No, son! I just went right on up there and kicked her team's behind. Look me in the eyes when I talk to you: don't ever turn off a game again. Don't give up on me, and I won't give up on you. Now let's bow our heads and pray."


So there you have it, straight from the horse's mouth (pardon the pun). I don't really know why he uses the term son so much. It's not like he's a coach...yet. But about that game. We played like ass for three quarters, sort of like last week, and then just decided to be good in the fourth quarter, again like last week. Imagine if the team played a whole four quarters. Based on the game, in which we scored 21 in the forth, we could have like a billion points spread out over the whole game.

How bad were we in the beginning? Even Mack Brown, he who claps when we throw an interception or miss a tackle or get arrested, got all pissy over the team's performance. Hard to believe, right? Well, there's video evidence:




Man, that was brutal! Colt was rumored as saying, "I hate it when Daddy drinks!" All was well at the end of the game, however:

I don't even know what to say about that, I'm just glad they're...um...friends again. So we won, in spectacular fashion like we usually do with Oklahoma State, and without that other quarterback no less (his name was Vince...something?). Also, a special shout out to Jammal Charles. He's good. I'm talking real good. The Tech game has all sorts of drama, the kinds of things we feed on as you can tell by the previous post. What did Colt have to say last year after he beat his girlfriend's team?



Oh, she better root for him if she knows what's best. He had a busted lip! It is SO on. Meanwhile, obligatory OTHER Colt picture:

No comments: